Today I decided that as it cooler but not raining I would just dig out the geranium that had overgrown in my flowerbed and was in real need of digging out and replanting. After a while I realised that the whole bed really needed sorting as the Ivy from next doors had crept in over the last year while it had been too wet for me to notice. So, despite the temperature rising and rising I carried on digging and digging. More and more pieces were cut away and dug up and I could begin to see my long lost flower bed again.
|My flower bed at the beginning of the day - a mass of overgrown geranium and ivy|
|All this cleared out plus a bin full of roots. Shredding al this ment I could fit it in my compost heap.|
|So much clearer. I can even see my flower bed edging!|
|Some of the many plant labels I found in my clear-up. Many of the plants are long since no more.|
|The start of the replanting. I repositioned the Phlox that had been suffering under the bush and planted the buddila that I had bought last year when it was FAR too wet to even trad on the garden!|
|All clear and the tiny pieces of geranium replanted.|