Thursday 10 February 2011

Thursday 3 Feb 2011 Root time

Well here it is the start of my veg gardening for 2011.  



This is my Water cress which I have rescued from the staging matting and potted up in its rightful pot!  It grew like mad last year - lets hope it does the same again.




My Garlic are in.  I have covered them with some very old row covers i was given by an old lady I gardened for years ago.  They are wonderful at keeping the birds off the bulbs and stopping the cats digging.










 These are my leeks and welsh onions and onions. I hope I have sown them early enough.  I know some people who sow them on Boxing day!


 Here are my very first carrots of the year in a very tall pot.  Oooo I can taste them now!
This is my first Plum tree.  It is Opal variety on a small rootstock.  I will have to move some plants out of my garden to find room for it!


















Lastly is my new cherry tree.  Again a first for me.  It is Sweetheart variety eating cherry.





No comments:

Post a Comment